***BE A FAN OF THROUGH ROSE-TINTED GLASSES ON FACEBOOK***

If you're one of the many on Facebook, please become a fan of Through rose-tinted glasses.Simply click on the link www.facebook.com/pages/through-rose-tinted-glasses/10437263823 or type in 'Through rose-tinted glasses' in the search box and add yourself as a fan.

Recieve regular updates on what's happenning on Through rose-tinted glasses The Blog and in The Store, hear about the latest blog rants of a serial shopper, the new clothing and accessory ranges available and join in the discussions on current hot topics about fashion.

Please do share it with anyone and everyone who loves fashion by posting it to your page and inviting your friends to join!All your support is much appreciated! Thank you, Stacey Rose x

Friday, April 11, 2008

Spot the difference

Earlier this year I had a bit of a love affair going on with this French Connection Skirt.... Oh yes I loved it alright, sat on the shelf it caught my eye and I thought it was beautiful, sexy and glamorous. Although no matter how badly I wanted it I just couldn't bring myself to cheat on my bank balance and justify spending £75 on a skirt I would only wear once or twice.

Don't get me wrong I'm not tight, I just have a serious shopping habit I need to fund, and so my morals got the better of me and I forced myself to refrain from purchasing. Once again, it was Primark to the rescue....

After already dragging my friend around Meadowhall and finally promising H&M would be the last shop, on walking past Primark I spotted this little black number in the window and couldn't believe how similar it was to the skirt that was once the unrequited love of my life. Not quite the same by the fact that it is black, but for £10 it would do for me! So, off I dashed inside to buy that skirt leaving behind my friend with the familiar look of dismay I've received from plenty of shopping partners.

Mission accomplished! Not only is the high-waisted ruffled wasitband and tulip shape skirt flattering on any lumps and bumps, but it is also very versatile. For a high fashion look wear it plain with the sash tied in a huge bow, another detail that is currently seen on style icons across the globe, or dress it up differently with one of your own belts or a sash. It's a great all-rounder little black basic to have in your wardrobe!

No comments: