***BE A FAN OF THROUGH ROSE-TINTED GLASSES ON FACEBOOK***

If you're one of the many on Facebook, please become a fan of Through rose-tinted glasses.Simply click on the link www.facebook.com/pages/through-rose-tinted-glasses/10437263823 or type in 'Through rose-tinted glasses' in the search box and add yourself as a fan.

Recieve regular updates on what's happenning on Through rose-tinted glasses The Blog and in The Store, hear about the latest blog rants of a serial shopper, the new clothing and accessory ranges available and join in the discussions on current hot topics about fashion.

Please do share it with anyone and everyone who loves fashion by posting it to your page and inviting your friends to join!All your support is much appreciated! Thank you, Stacey Rose x

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

S/S 2008 - The New Tailoring... Riding high in jodphurs

Being just a tab end taller than 5ft with a grand 27" inside trouser leg and short body, finding that perfect pair of trousers or jeans is an almost impossible feat and buying for my bottom half is an absolute nightmare - so much so I would even go so far as to saying I despise trouser shopping (gasp! shock horror!). But, for some reason unbeknown to me, recently I've been caught up in the midst of a black trouser fetish... I think its the backlash from the thrill of the hunt for the perfect pair of black skinny cigarette pants.

Well, however hard I've been looking, I'm still looking... although the search did lead me to a fabulous pair of jodphurs from Topshop's Boutique collection. Like a true horse rider who enjoys the ecstastic experience that comes with their horse winning the Grand National, it has to be said that trying on my new jodphurs was a feeling to rival! Because not only are they a trouser trend of this season but the higher waist and tapered legs hugs me in all the right places, enough to show off my curves but maintain the looser jodphur style around the thighs.

But the most unbelievable thing about these trousers above the fact that they fit perfectly is I picked them up in the Topshop buy-one-get-one-free sale for the bargain price of £20 reduced from £45, and I got a patent buckle belt for free!


For a Saturday night out, once again my love of vintage got the better of me as I stepped out in this 80's inspired outfit that would've given Jane Fonda a run for her money in the era's style stakes (although minus tiny bum, big blonde hair and odour of hairspray). When worn with a plain black vest, the focus lies heavily on the chunky buckle belt, but I have brought the look into the noughties by adding chunky accessories (albeit in brassy gold) and my new beautiful bow gold shoes from Faith. These killer (and I mean literally after dancing the night away) heels from somehow give the impression the even I have long and lovely legs!

For a more dressed down outfit that wouldn't look too out of place at the stables, go for casual-meets-country chic and wear with a striped blazer and boots.

Whilst I was browsing the rails at Topshop I also picked up a pair of navy shorts with big black buttons for the bargain price of £15, another staple buy that will see me through the sunshine of S/S 2008 whilst ticking the box for the nautical trend, and a pleated black t-shirt for free. Now that's what I call a successful shop all round!

No comments: