***BE A FAN OF THROUGH ROSE-TINTED GLASSES ON FACEBOOK***

If you're one of the many on Facebook, please become a fan of Through rose-tinted glasses.Simply click on the link www.facebook.com/pages/through-rose-tinted-glasses/10437263823 or type in 'Through rose-tinted glasses' in the search box and add yourself as a fan.

Recieve regular updates on what's happenning on Through rose-tinted glasses The Blog and in The Store, hear about the latest blog rants of a serial shopper, the new clothing and accessory ranges available and join in the discussions on current hot topics about fashion.

Please do share it with anyone and everyone who loves fashion by posting it to your page and inviting your friends to join!All your support is much appreciated! Thank you, Stacey Rose x

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A New Year, A New Resolution, A New Blog

As I waved a fond farewell to the year that was 2007, like I do every year, I entered into 2008 with the confidence that a few New Year's resolutions is sure to transform my life. So, I made a pact with my little old self that this year I will stop biting my nails (again), start this fashion blog and cut back on the daily shopping. Ok, so the last two don't make sense - why set up a fashion blog but then stop the activity I should be writing the most about?! Well, understandably my motivation for the latter is to save a few extra pennies to jet off once again to the shopping mecca that is New York. I figured surely it would be worth a whole week indulging in my favourite past time in the Big Apple? Surely I couldn't get serious withdrawal symptoms from a few less days a week online shopping, or racing from shop to shop before they close after work at a breakneck speed that would have even Dame Kelly Holmes weak at the knees... but oh, how I overestimated my willpower!

Luckily for me who rejoices at the mere sight of a sale sign, most of the store sales started before Christmas Eve, which gave me the great excuse to have a mini blowout before my New Year resolution came into effect. Spending on the promise of the Christmas money I was about to receive, I managed to pick up a few excellent bargains without having to strengthen my bargain radar and exercise my crazed obsessed alter-ego that usually raises its ugly head in the need to compete with other January sales shoppers to find the best buys. Feeling pretty pleased with myself, I managed to persuade myself that I didn't need to go sales shopping over the Christmas period and that less shopping equals more money - but, looking back, I now realise that my euphoric state was actually induced by the sugary high caused by one too many Quality Streets and those sweet movie classics they re-run every year!

Because with Christmas and New Year over, my shopping habit returned to punish me with a vengeance as those retail gods that demand my every move have cleverly decided to have some damn good sales this year!! As soon as work began again in 2008, so did my daily shopping activity - well it's so hard working in the city to pass a shop without going in, and so easy to purchase with Internet access at my fingertips!

Let's just say I needed those 'Denise' shoes from Faith and ‘Cuff’ shoes from Irregular Choice, those Snake Panel Flat Tassle Boots, the Chiffon Racer Back Blouse and Pleated Satin Tie Blouse from ASOS, that 'Melange' skirt from American Apparel, a few cheapo vests, t-shirts and knits (essential for this British winter) from Primark, a couple of neckscarfs to keep out the chill, oh and I just had to have that anchor necklace in both silver and gold, with earrings to match each... well, some of these new fab additions to my wardrobe were in the sale!!

So, as I write this on the 15th day of 2008, with nibbled nails and a not so attractive bank balance, I am proud to report that this year I have at least succeeded in keeping to one of my resolutions - this blog! Ok, so it's taken me a couple of weeks to finally get round to my first post, but it's here and there's plenty more to follow...

No comments: